Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thoughts on Faith (Sermon Preached 2 October 2022)

This morning I’m going to share a couple of thoughts with you all about faith, based on two of the readings we just heard: the Gospel from Luke 17 and the Epistle from Paul’s second letter to Timothy. And I want to start out by just being honest.

 It’s really easy to get overwhelmed by all that God seems to ask of us.I think one time or another we’ve all felt that way. I know I have. When things are hard at home – too many demands and not enough resources – time or energy or money, to meet them all. Or when we find ourselves in a situation at work or at school, trying to figure out the Christian way to handle it – knowing that if we stand up or stand out, it is going to cost us something. 


Or when we’re caught in a personal struggle that goes on and on. And it looks like our call may be to simply live with it. Or when we are having a tough time getting our heads around something Jesus said. I mean - he expects so much, and who can really do all that?

 

Well, the good news is that when these times come, and we feel like it is all just too hard, you and I are in good company...(read more)


No comments:

Post a Comment